ECRTNO Conference Highlights 2008
The 22nd annual conference for Early Childhood Resource Teachers of Ontario was a great success!
Overall evaluations were favorable.
- 264 delegates attended the conference
There was 2 full-day workshops and 13 half day workshops. The following are some responses taken from the participant’s evaluations:
- very empowering, wonderful conference –amazing information and speakers
- I had the opportunity to network with other professionals. I was impressed by the fact that I was challenged to re-evaluate my thoughts and methods about working with challenging beavhiours
- Exceptioanally well organized, exceptional speakers and exceptional enternatinment
- Awesome speakers this year – WOW! – awesome networking
- Great speakers/workshops this year! It met my goals and more
- Inspired – renewed – great information to take back!
Wednesday Keynote: Dr. Duncan McKinlay – The Brake Shop
- What an inspirational and delightful evening
- Dr. McKinlay shared his experiences with us
Resource Teacher Mentoring Award Recipient
This year the ECRTNO Board did not receive any nominations. We encourage members to nominate someone to be recognized for their hard work, dedication and leadership in the field of early childhood special education
Annual General Meeting
- Updates from the board
- Advocacy initiatives were reviewed
- Prizes were given away
ECRTNO Commemorative Quilt
At the May 2008 conference in Stratford, the commerative quilt was unveiled and was on display for all delegates to see. Thanks to everyone who donated a quilt square towards the quilt. A huge thank you to Nancy Hayes for
her time and dedication in putting the quilt together. It is beautiful! Watch for the quilt to be on display at ECRTNO gatherings and future conferences.